A Little About Me
You’ve likely seen more than one movie or sitcom about psychotherapy in which the therapist is the central figure in the client-therapist relationship. That’s Hollywood! In the real world of professional counseling, it’s not about the therapist! It’s about you…your needs, your goals, your growth.
Still, it’s important that you know the professional credentials of any counselor/therapist you might be considering. So, here’s a little about me.
I am a professional Marriage and Family Therapist with a private practice in Fullerton, California for 20+ years. I am married to my husband of 30 years, have three grown sons and two grandchildren. My personal belief system is Christian-based; however, I welcome clients of all denominations and spiritual orientations.
My formal education includes:
- Master of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology, summa cum laude – Pepperdine University
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Christian Education; minor in Counseling and Bible – Biola University
My professional affiliations include:
- OC Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy
- International Center of Excellence for Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- California Association of Marriage Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- American Psychotherapy Association – (APA)
That’s enough about me. Give me a call and let’s get started with you!
Therapy is not about the therapist.